If you want to make just one change towards better health, learn to drink water, our brain and bodies are made mostly of water, and with the stress, daily activities, and caffeine consumption we need to replenish this water and stay hydrated. Research shows that most heart attacks happen at 2 am because of dehydration, so we need to hydrate during the day, especially in the summer.
Here are a few tips for you:
- Calculate how much water your body needs per day, by dividing your body weight in Ibs by 2, the answer will give you how much oz of water your body requires. For example, if you weigh 140 Ibs, (140 /2 = 70 ) your body requires 70 oz of water per day.
- Set a timer on your phone to remind you to take your sips, until you develop the habit.
- Make sure every time you go out, you take your water bottle with you.
- For flavor, add fruits, lemon, or mint to your water.
- Drink a glass of water before every meal.
- If you feel hungry, first drink water and hydrate, usually your body is actually thirsty but got used to eating instead of drinking, drinking also relieves hunger and gives a break to your digestion system, and helps you consume fewer calories.
- Start your day by drinking your lemon water, this will not only hydrate you but will also help detoxify your body. If you haven’t already downloaded my guide to help you gain energy in your mornings, and how to add lemon water, just click here.
PS: Subscribe to our newsletter below and I will keep you posted on my new blogs.
PPS: This is my current favorite water bottle